- The Pacific Aviation Museum is an ADA compliant and handicap accessible facility.
- Restrooms, bookstore, information desk, drinking fountains, movie
- Most area are wheelchair accessible.
- Wheelchairs are only available for emergency situations.
Explore the Pacific Aviation Museum
Battleship Missouri Memorial, USS Bowfin Submarine Museum & Park, the USS Arizona Memorial, and Pacific Aviation Museum are the four important historical sites that form the National Monument. You can explore them in one day and enjoy daily Pearl Harbor tours from Waikiki hotels as well as one-day tours from Maui, Kauai, and Hawaii Big Island.
The Experience Highlights
Experience the Pacific Aviation Museum
Pacific Aviation Museum is in two historic seaplane hangars and the control tower on Ford Island that survived the December 7, 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor. The museum shows how important was the role of aviation regarding America and the final victory during WWII. Hangar 37 features fascinating exhibits including an authentic aircraft from the day of the attack and a 12-minute film dedicated to the Pearl Harbor attack. You can still see the bullet holes in the doors’ blue glass windows at each of end of Hangar 37. There are various modern jets and historic aircraft in the hanger. The Combat Flight Simulators of the Museum can also be experienced by the visitors.
The historic journey of WWII and aviation is shared by the expert guides. In addition to that, you get to see the authentic WWII warplanes like the Wild Cat fighter, B-25 Mitchell, the Japanese Zero, and others. Hanger 37 has an important aircraft such as a B-29 Flying Fortress which is presently being repaired. You can experience an interactive combat flight simulation as you jump into the cockpit of a Grumman F4F-3 Wildcat. It will be like a dogfight in the skies over Guadalcanal or land on the deck of an aircraft carrier in the Pacific. It is just perfect for the aviation and history buffs.
2 hours apróx.
Visitors Center Accessibility
- Braille and tactile model resources are available in the Visitor Center.
- Historical documentary shown in the theater is fully captioned.
- There is an induction loop for use with the hearing aids.
- There are no nurses or doctors on site. There are hospitals nearby.