- Battleship Missouri is an ADA compliant and handicap accessible facility.
- Restrooms, bookstore, information desk, drinking fountains, movie
- Shuttle bus, and the Surender Deck are wheelchair accessible.
- Wheelchairs are only available for emergency situations.
Explore the Battleship Missouri Memorial
One of the most visited sites in Pearl Harbor is the Battleship Missouri Memorial. USS Arizona Memorial, USS Bowfin Submarine Museum Park, and the Pacific Aviation Museum are some of the other historical sites that are significant. But the Battleship Missouri Memorial is an important site of the World War II Valor in the Pacific National Monument at Pearl Harbor. You can visit all the four sites easily in one day if you are planning a one-day trip. You can take the daily Pearl Harbor tours from Waikiki hotels or the one-day tours from Maui, Hawaii Big Island, and Kauai. A round trip airfare is incorporated into it. Visit Pearl Harbor and explore this historical place. Book your tour now!
The Experience Highlights
• You can see the breathtaking guns of the “Mighty Mo.”
• You can enjoy a walk at the Surrender Deck on which the WWII ended.
• Get the opportunity to learn about Kamikaze dent.
• You can explore the various exhibits.
• Visit the USS Oklahoma Memorial.
The Experience at the Battleship Missouri
A shuttle to Ford Island is available for the tourists to discover the world’s most famous American Battleship, the USS Missouri also called as the “Mighty Mo.” You can stroll on the deck of this historic battleship or see the enormity of the main cannons. You can also “go below” and see the places once inhabited by the crew. One of the most significant sights is the dent which happened when a kamikaze plane crashed here.
Get to know how WWII ended when Japan surrendered on the decks of the USS Missouri in Tokyo Bay on September 2, 1945. An expert guide will take you around the USS Missouri.
2 hours apróx.
General Conditions at the Battleship Missouri
• The deck has 2-story flight of stairs however, two elevators are also present on the entry Brow.
• Steep ladders and handholds can be hard.
• You should be capable of walking 4 city blocks.
• Access: The Battleship Missouri is located on Ford Island. You can visit it through the shuttle bus that leaves from the Arizona Memorial Visitors Center every 15 minutes.
• Military Personnel and Military Contractor with valid ID access can directly visit the Ford Island.
Visitors Center Accessibility
- Braille and tactile model resources are available in the Visitor Center.
- Historical documentary shown in the theater is fully captioned.
- There is an induction loop for use with the hearing aids.
- There are no nurses or doctors on site. There are hospitals nearby.